- YDL Fashion Network -
+49 (0) 1522 3182497
v. 1.1 as of 25.05.2018
- YDL Fashion Network -
- hereafter referred to as the provider -
(1) The provider operates www.ydlfn.com, a portal for creative people in the field of fashion. Designers, stylists, photographers, models and other creatives can register on the platform, use and access the platform’s free and chargeable information and functions, as well as upload content and display an online profile.
(2) The platform is divided into a free user space and a chargeable user space, the details of which are regulated in a separate Overview of Services. Some of the platform’s areas and functions are only accessible to paying members. The use of the platform for members is only permitted so long as the legal provisions or these terms and conditions are not breached.
(3) Conditions deviating from these terms and conditions are not valid unless explicitly accepted by the provider.
A natural person who is registered with a User Account.
(2) User Content:
Any content that is provided by the User through the Service, including any information in the Profile, postings, profiles, images, and messages.
(3) User Account, Account:
The account created by the User when registering for the Service. This account is managed by the User and contains the Personal Data specified by the User during the registration process.
All services provided through the Website, including any Additional Services performed by YDLFN.
(6) Intellectual Property Rights:
All intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, patents, utility models, design rights, trade and/or company names, database rights and any associated rights, related rights and rights to knowledge.
(7) Terms and Conditions:
These terms and conditions applicable to the overall use of the Service.
The contractual agreement between YDLFN and the User for the access to and use of the Service or any Additional Services.
(9) Personal Data:
All data relating directly or indirectly to a natural person.
YDL Fashion Network, Albrecht-Achilles Strasse 5, 10709 Berlin.
The part of the User Account that is visible to other Users. The Profile forms part of the User Account.
The User and YDLFN ans/or the Users amongst each other.
All websites, domains, IP-addresses and all pages owned by YDLFN, including but not limited to http://ydlfn.com.
(14) Access Information:
The User’s Profile name and password necessary to access the User Account and the Service.
(15) Additional Services:
Additional services offered by YDLFN and described on the Website.
3. Service Description
(1) The provider supplies the technical platform for the operation of the portal www.ydlfn.com. The goal of the platform is to connect creative people and to act as a mediator to enable clients and contractors to seek, bid for and access project offers.
(2) The platform can be used to search for project proposals. Certain functions on the platform can be used for free. You can find the details of the chargeable functions and services as well as the prices in the Overview of Services when the contract is concluded.
(3) The provider is not the contracting party in contracts that are closed between the users after making contact. The fulfillment of contracts which are closed following contact between users takes places exclusively amongst the users.
(4) The uploading of profiles, project proposals and project searches on the provider’s platform do not represent an offer of any legally binding contracts. The provider’s platform merely offers the possibility of making contact with other users advertising project offers. The closing of contracts amongst users is not possible on the platform itself.
(5) The use of the platform for members is only permitted so long as the legal provisions or these terms and conditions are not breached.
4. Opening of an Account
(1) The member is required to open an account in order to use certain functions and services.
(2) Upon completion of registration, by the acceptance of the general terms and conditions and the activation of the membership by the provider, the users agree to a license agreement between themselves as a member and the provider.
(3) There is no legal entitlement to opening an account. The provider reserves the right to refuse the conclusion of a contract on an individual case. The provider will inform the user of this immediately.
(4) Independent contractors with a minimum age of eighteen (18) and any legal entity may register as a user. An authorised representative must complete the registration on behalf of a legal entity.
(5) The provided data required for the registration must be complete and accurate. Changes to the data supplied must be reported and corrected by the member immediately. This duty applies particularly to businesses or freelancers, as well as to the bankruptcy or liquidation of a company.
5. Registration / Username
(1) To become a member, the user chooses a username. This may not consist of a third party copyrighted name. The member is responsible for ensuring that their chosen username does not contravene the rights of a third party, in particular trademarks, copyrights or naming rights.
(2) During registration, the members must supply all the necessary data in complete and accurate form. The member’s data can be edited on the member profile. The provider cannot verify the validity of the information and is only liable for false or incomplete data from the point of acknowledgement. The provider will investigate indications of false or incomplete member data immediately thereafter.
(3) Members must treat data confidentially and ensure that it is not accessed by unauthorised third parties. In particular, the disclosure of data to third parties without the consent of the provider is prohibited. If a member is notified of misuse of data or unauthorised use by third parties, he or she is to inform the provider immediately. The user account is non-transferable.
6. Chargeable Services
(1) The use of the platform to search for projects proposals is free of charge. Uploading project proposals and project advertisements requires a fee. You can find the details of the chargeable functions and services as well as the prices in the Overview of Services when the contract is concluded.
(2) The fee-based services will be billed by email as well as in the client’s user profile. Payment is due immediately upon invoicing unless there is a prior agreement. The payment is made via the Paypal services or by bank transfer to the provider’s account.
7. Length of Contract
(1) The contract for chargeable services depends on the selected contract period. The contract is automatically extended by the selected time period if the member does not cancel 4 weeks prior to the expiration of the contract. The termination must be in writing and can be made via email or letter.
(2) The right to exceptional termination remains unaffected for both sides. The provider has justified cause to terminate the contract if a member violates the principles of the platform presented in No. 8, or if a paying member of the contracted services is more than one month in arrears of their invoice.
8. Closing Contracts Between Members
(1) Users can publish profiles, project proposals and search for projects on the provider’s platform on the basis of these terms and conditions. Uploading project proposals does not represent a legally binding contract but is merely an unbinding invitation to initiate a contract.
(2) Members may use the data on the provider’s platform for the purpose of contacting each other. The provider is not the contractual party for contracts between users after initial contact. The processing, fulfillment and completion of contracts between members are not part of the contract between the provider and the member regarding the use of the platform.
9. Proposal Descriptions and Forbidden Content
(1) The project proposals should be written correctly and in full. Members are exclusively responsible for uploading project proposals that do not breach legislation, the rights of third parties or good moral conventions.
(2) The provider expressly points out the legal provisions to combat illegal employment and the protection of minors. Members are responsible for ensuring that jobs do not breach legal regulations and are not concluded having used the platform. The provider also cautions members to comply with the relevant social security and tax requirements of their country of residence.
(3) Content that breaches criminal, trademark, copyright or competition law is prohibited. This includes:
• Content which exploits or violates public rights, neighbouring rights or intellectual property rights (trademarks, registered designs and patents)
• Photos or videos which contravene a third party’s right to their own image and name
• Subjective criticism, humiliation, dishonor or insults
• Programs containing viruses or trojans
(4) Links to the company’s own website and social media profiles are permitted within the users’ profile and individual project descriptions. Links to other websites or services are only permitted by the provider’s agreement. The provider reserves the right to remove links immediately. This particularly refers to links to illegal content or links that violate the rights of third parties.
(5) Setting up sham or spurious offers which advertise services beyond the ones offered by the provider’s platform are prohibited. Uploading advertising which is not directly related with the contact initiation amongst members – regardless in which format - is not permitted without the explicit agreement of the provider.
10. Liability of the Provider
(1) The provider is only liable for damages toward companies if the provider, its’ legal representatives or senior employees commit malice or gross negligence, except in case of contravention of fundamental contractual obligations. The provider is only liable for the intent of other vicarious agents if these fundamental contractual obligations are deliberately or grossly negligently breached.
(2) The accountability of the provider, his legal representatives and senior employees is, except for in cases of malicious intent and gross misconduct, typically limited to damages in accordance with the contract.
(3) The above limitations will not apply in the case of acquisition of explicit warranties by the provider as well as for damages resulting from injury to life, body or health.
11. Liability for Content of Members
(1) The provider is not liable for the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability, type and credibility of the content uploaded by members. This content does not represent the opinion of the provider - in particular, the provider does not claim ownership of the members’ content.
(2) The provider is not liable for the formation, implementation and execution of contracts amongst members. The provider merely provides the platform for the purpose of establishing contacts.
(3) According to the relevant legal provisions of the Telemedia Act (TMG), service providers are not obligated to monitor the transmitted or stored third party information or to investigate circumstances indicating illegal activity without concrete evidence. Liability for third party content only comes into consideration if the provider is aware of the illegal activity or information.
(4) After being notified of the abuse of rights by third parties, the provider will block or delete the illegal content and take appropriate action to prevent the violation of the law in the future.
(1) The members support the provider with the defense of claims by third parties against the provider arising from the member’s content by providing the necessary information for the defense.
(2) The member is to reimburse the necessary expenses for legal action - in particular the necessary legal and court expenses incurred by the provider through legal claims by third parties arising from the member’s content. This does not apply if the member is not responsible for the infringement.
13. Granting of Usage Rights
(1) The members agree to a simple, unlimited, non-transferable, revocable license to publish the content on the provider’s website and on social networks such as but not limited to Facebook, and in the form of print of any scale and media. Any other use of member content by the provider is only by express agreement.
(2) The provider reserves the right to edit members’ content, for instance by ensuring a unified format for publication. This concerns the content of proposals and appraisals in particular, no matter the format in which they are published. The user expressly agrees to this form of processing and editing of the content on the platform.
14. Blocking of Accounts and Users
(1) In cases of concrete indications of a member violating legal provisions and the restrictions mentioned in these terms and conditions, particularly the restraints in No. 8, the provider may terminate the proposals. In case of repeated violations, the provider can exclude a member from participating in or contributing to the platform. In choosing the appropriate measure, the provider considers the justified interests of the affected member, in particular whether the member has caused or acknowledged the breach.
(2) If a member is permanently blocked, they are not entitled to restore the suspended account and its content. If a member is blocked, this member may not use the provider’s services nor the account under a different user name. The blocked member is also prohibited from registering a new account under a new name.
(3) In the event of the closure of a member’s account, the member has a right to terminate the license agreement with the provider.
15. Function Changes and Assumption of Contract
(1) The provider reserves the right to continuously edit, update, expand, restrict or discontinue individual functions of the platform.
(2) The provider is entitled to transfer his or her rights and obligations from this contract either completely or partially to a third party with a notice period of four weeks. In this case, the member is entitled to terminate the contract after notification of the contract assumption.
16. Applicable Law / Jurisdiction
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany is applicable.
(2) For all disputes arising from the user contract and terms and conditions, the location of the provider in Berlin shall have exclusive jurisdiction provided that company members constitute a legal entity under public law or a public separate estate.
17. Changes to the T&C / Final Clause
(1) The provider reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without providing specific reason. The revised terms will be sent to members no later than 4 weeks before implementing the changed passages. The meaning of the deadline as well as the new terms will be pointed out to the members separately. This includes the legal consequences and revocation rights covered by the changes.
(2) If the member does not object to the validity of the new terms and conditions within 4 weeks of receipt, the amended terms and conditions shall be considered accepted. Members will be informed of the 4 week deadline in the same email containing the amended terms.
(3) Should any of the provisions of these terms and conditions become ineffective, the remaining conditions shall remain unaffected.
v. 1.1 as of 25.05.2018
The following policy applies for the use of the YDLFN platform. These supplement the “Terms and Conditions" of YDLFN.
We value your Privacy and your Personal Data, therefore process, hold, store, use only an extremely limited amount of non-sensitive and non-critical Personal Data only inside YDLFN. We take all measures to ensure the appropriate treatment and processing of your Personal Data according to GDPR standards. We do not process, nor store, nor use, nor share any sensitive or critical data of you, but only an extremely limited amount of non-sensitive and non-critical data and only for your valuable information such as invitations to our forums, workshops, roundtables, or other project work or news in order to keep you updated. Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our website. However, some services or parts of our website (e.g. account registration and public profiles, forums, workshop, events, etc.) may require you to provide us with a limited amount of non-critical Personal Data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the website and for us to respond to your query. We may collect and use Personal Data to provide you with products or services, to bill you for products and services you requested, to communicate to you interesting for your information.
“Personal Information” means any individual information of personal and other circumstances of the user.
“User” is a person who uses YDLFN.
“Registration Data” are all personal information that user must enter to sign up for the use of YDLFN.
“Profile” is the profile at YDLFN that constitutes that the entered personal information is in accordance with the user’s data and user’s approval. All personal information contained in the profile are called “profile data”.
Data collection when using YDLFN
We collect, process and use personal data only when necessary for content drafting or for changing the contractual relationship (inventory data). We only collect, process and use personal data for claims to the extent necessary in order for the user to use our websites.
For the YDLFN website to work with stationary internet, YDLFN must collect and process certain Personal Information for the creation of Profile.
Specifying the following data upon registration is mandatory:
Specifying the following data upon profile application is mandatory:
Expertise (minimum of five)
University / School (Photographer and Stylist profiles only)
Graduation Year (Photographer and Stylist profiles only)
Display of work (minimum of five pictures or videoes for application evaluation purposes)
The user can also voluntary and not mandatory to disclose the following:
Phone Number (for technical support purposes only)
Various social network profiles (links)
Further display of work (portfolio)
Information about professional experience
The user can also sign up using facebook. In such case, the user will be asked for general information including:
Publicly exposed information
All personal information that is given by a user is always and without any restrictions visible to public YDLFN approved by YDLFN or otherwise made publicly available via social media sharing. Personal information will be stored on the device of the user and/or at the YDLFN and processed. The profile data can be edited at any time, modified or deleted. This shall not apply to the profile username.
Authentication of the user
When logging in to the YDLFN website, YDLFN will automatically check whether this login has already been assigned a YDLFN ID. YDLFN IDs are generated by YDLFN and are always unique worldwide. This ID usually consists of firs&last name followed by a number should that particular ID be taken by another user (e.g.: paulsmith, paulsmith1, paulsmith2, ...). This is considered the user name and is visible on the User's profile. All the personal information shared by the user will be linked with this YDLFN ID and therefore will be available to the user by every use of the YDLFN website.
Availability of profile data to other users of YDLFN
User of YDLFN can use the “Search” function to find other users of YDLFN using data stored in their profile and can view their profile.
The content that is stored
All content and associated images, linked videos, provided text will be synchronized with the server and stored there. When there is an uninstallation of YDLFN on the device, the data there will be lost, but a recovery will be possible of those data, which are stored on the same servers of YDLFN. In case the server is decomissioned, all data will be lost. YDLFN also retains the right to permanently delete at any time and without giving reasons all activities or other contents that were at any point uploaded or made availbale on the YDLFN website.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Per the “Terms and Conditions” YDLFN will not use personal information by which a user could be identified individually and this use will not exceed the level which is necessary for the use of YDLFN. YDLFN will not transfer any personal information of the user to third parties for commercial purposes.
Transmission of Data
We only transmit data to third parties when necessary in the context of contract processing, for example to the company persons entrusted with the delivery of goods or the financial service providers responsible for processing payments. Any further transmission of information will only take place with your express permission of the transmission. Your data will not be transferred to third parties for advertising purposes without your express consent.
Data Processing on This Website
We automatically collect and save information which is transmitted to us automatically by your browser in log files. This includes:
• Browser type / browser version
• Operating system used
• Referrer URL
• Host name of the accessing computer
• Time of server request
This data is not assigned to certain persons. This data is not merged with other data sources.
The internet sites partly use so-called cookies. These serve to make our tender more user-friendly, more effective and more secure. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer and saved to your browser. Most of the cookies used are so-called ‘Session Cookies’. These are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Cookies pose no harm to your computer and do not contain viruses.
If you would like to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we need an email address from you and information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the email address. Further data is not collected. Permission to store the data, the mail address itself and their use to send the subscribed newsletter can be revoked at any time.
Right To Information, Deletion and Blocking
You have the right to free information about your stored personal data, its origin and the purpose of the data processing at any time, as well as the right to the correction, blocking or deletion of this data. You can delete your account by simply requesting it via your paccount settings. Your registration data and all associated personal data (as well as portfolio data such as images or links to videos) will be deleted permanently from our systems within two weeks upon your initial request. In case of further questions in relation to personal data, you can contact the following email address at any time: email@example.com.
If you do not want your visit to our website to be connected to your Facebook account, please log out of your Facebook account.
You can prevent the saving of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software: we point out, however, that by doing this you cannot use certain functions on this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the generation of cookies and the collection of data about your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the following browser plugin: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
This website uses Google AdSense, a service to integrate advertisements from Google Inc. (Google). Google uses cookie text files which are saved on your computer and enable the analysis of your use of the website. Google AdSense also uses so-called Web Beacons (invisible images). Information about visitor traffic can be evaluated through these Web Beacons. The information generated by Cookies and Web Beacons on the use of this website (including your IP address) and the delivery of advertising formats are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. This information can be passed on from Google to other Google contractors. However, Google will not associate your IP address with your saved data.
Collection and disclosure of information: with the help of the Google +1 button, you can publish information worldwide. With this button, you and other users receive personalised content from Google and our partners. Google stores the information and content that you have provided for +1, as well as the information about the page you viewed when you clicked +1. Your +1s are displayed together with your profile name and photo in Google services such as in search results, in your Google profile or on other websites and internet adverts. Google records your +1 activity in order to improve its services for you and others. To use the Google +1 button, you need a world-wide visible, public Google profile which must contain a chosen name. This name will be used in all Google services. In some cases, this name can replace any other name used when sharing content via your Google account. Users who know your email address or other identifying information about you can see your Google profile.
Use of the collected information: in addition to the uses outlined above, the information you provide will be used in accordance with the applicable Google privacy policies. Google may publish pooled statistics on the users’ +1 activity and give this information to users or partners such as publishers, advertisers or affiliated websites.
We use Pinterest’s social media plugins on our website, which are operated by Pinterest Inc. 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA. When you visit a page containing a social plugin, your browser makes a direct connection to the Pinterest servers. The plugin transmits this log information to the Pinterest server in the USA. This log data may include your IP address and the addresses of sites visited, which includes Pinterest functions, browser type and settings, date and time of the request, your Pinterest use and cookies.
For more information about the purpose, scope and further processing of the use of data through Pinterest, as well as your rights and ways to protect your privacy, can be found in Pinterest’s privacy section: https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
You can change your Twitter privacy settings in the account settings: http://twitter.com/account/settings
Our website uses the functions of the network platform XING. The provider is XING AG Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. A connection to XING’s servers is established every time you visit one of our pages containing a XING social media function. To our knowledge, none of your personal data is stored. Your IP address is not saved and your usage behaviour is not analysed.
We use the LinkedIn services provided by the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (LinkedIn) on our websites. When you visit our site, a direct connection between your browser and the LinkedIn Server is made via the plugin. Through this, LinkedIn will receive the information that you have visited our website with your IP address.
If you click the ‘Recommend’ button while you are logged into your LinkedIn account, you can link content from our website to your LinkedIn profile. This allows LinkedIn to connect your visit to our website to your LinkedIn Profile. We point out that we as a website provider have no knowledge of the content of transmitted data from your use of LinkedIn.
Details on data collection (purpose, scope, processing, use) and your rights and settings options can be found in LinkedIn’s privacy policies: http://www.linkedin.com